Sunday, June 2, 2013

Audubon Zoo - New Orleans

 ;


During our visit to New Orleans Mike, Lauren, Margot and I loaded up the grand kids and visited the Audubon Zoo.

The zoo is very nice. I recommend it for anyone visiting New Orleans if you tire of Bourbon Street.
Flamingo at the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans



These colorful Flamingos great you as you enter the main entrance.

Let me apologize right now - I did not pay a lot of attention to the names of the animals so you are on your own there.


This fountain is right past the entrance.

We were lucky. The weather was hot but the humidity as fairly low for New Orleans at the end of May.
An elephant at the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans


I'm pretty sure this is an elephant.

Like I said, I didn't pay a lot attention but I think these are Asian elephants.
A leopard at the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans


The leopard was taking a nap.
A white tiger at the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans



As was the white tiger.
Sun bears at the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans




These are Sun Bears. Take a look at the tongue on that animal.

Click to enlarge.


I'm pretty sure these are goats. I'm not sure why they merited a spot with all the exotic animals.




Some sort of tapir, maybe.



Not sure. Some sort of goat maybe?



Some sort of monkey. I'm not even sure which continent it is from.



This guy was just hanging out.
A orange monkey at the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans



I think this is the same species.

Click for a closer look.




Not sure.



Not sure but it is some sort of primate, I guess.


Not exactly sure. They seem too big for Chimpanzees.




This is definitely a peacock.



This is a gorilla.
A Komodo dragon at the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans



This is a Komodo dragon from Indonesia.


This is Emily riding the Komodo dragon.
A lizard at the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans



Some sort of lizard.

Click to enlarge - he is pretty cool.



I'm pretty sure this is a green lizard.
A green tree frog at the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans


This is a frog. You are probably thinking, NSS. Ok, it is green tree frog.


I didn't know that snakes came in yellow.



I remember the sign for this one. It is a Diamondback rattler.


I remember this one, also.

It is a blue iguana or Grand Cayman iguana (Cyclura lewisi).


We took a rest near this fountain.



Here is Ben running around and being silly.



This is a seal, I believe.


A rhinoceros.
A blue wildebeest at the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans



This is a blue wildebeest. I looked it up on Wikipedia.

Wildebeest

No comments:

Post a Comment