Friday, May 1, 2009

Saturday in Tianjin City



Here is a picture of the old Catholic church in Tianjin. It was built in 1917 by French Jesuit missionaries. I used Photoshop to adjust the perspective. Because the camera was pointing up to get the entire church in the frame the fornt of the church and the camera sensor weren't parallel. The original picture looked like the church was falling backwards.










Here is the original picture for comparison.













Here is the inside of the church. Still being used for services everyday.


I used the same perspective adjustment technique on this picture, also.







Across the street from the church is the beginning of a long pedestrian only shopping street. The first thing we see is a car dealer promotion. As you can from the picture the construction workers were fascinated by the model, too.







It is apparently wedding planning season on China. This shop sells wedding photography, I believe. They are trying to attract attention and stand out from the crowd.






This shop window is using live models to model the wedding dresses. I was admiring the life-like mannequins when one of them smiled at me. I had to take a picture. I should have tried the polarizer to see if I could get rid of some of the reflections.





The department store down the street was having a fashion show on the sidewalk in front of the store. I don't know too much about wedding dresses but these look a little down scale from the ones above.











The models are preparing to go out on the street in this picture.









I don't recall what she was promoting. She and another young women were standing in the middle of the street. A guy was handing out brochures to anyone who stopped to look.








This place was a block or two away from the shopping street. We saw it as the taxi drove by. We walked back down to take a look. I'm still not sure what the place is all about. Some combination of tourist attraction and antique store. Entire building is convered in ceramics.







Here I am standing in front of the wall.







From the shopping street we went to what is known as ancient culture street. Here I bought what were claimed to be Qing dynasty era moon cake molds. Could be - the dynasty ended in 1912. They look old.










This women was cruising through the area looking for stuff to recycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment