Sunday, September 23, 2012

Jingshan Park II and Snack Street Follow-up









Here are a few more pictures from last Sunday afternoon. Here is the view of the pavilion as you walk down through the park around the hill.






Near the north entrance are a few containers with some kind of water lilies. The were very nice in the late afternoon sun.





 You can click on any of the pictures to enlarge them.









I thought the tile on this wall with the bamboo made a nice picture.


I have no idea what the name of this instrument is. Looks like it only has two string.

Here is a link to the early Jingshan Park positing.

Jingshan Park Posting 1

As I walked back from the park I passed through the Dong Hua Men food market as they were getting started for the evening. With the better light I could get some better pictures.

I'm pretty sure one of the vendors told me that the insects on the end are silk worms. The squid or octopus looked pretty fresh - right of the ice.


These vegetables were very colorful.

I should have asked about these. They are either pigeons or small chickens or maybe something I don't recognize. Any ideas?


I saw this several times. Sunday is family day and all over children were out with their parents.


These gentlemen were enjoying the day playing checkers.

This is one of the entrances to the Peking Union Medical College near our apartment.

All over China you see guards at  public buildings. I'm not sure what the logic is exactly. Perhaps the thought is that instruments of the government are possible places for demonstrations to break out. I'm thinking the fire station is a bit of overkill, though. At least these guys have climate controlled station. They all go to the same school. They swivel there heads constantly and if you look at them they stare back in an unsmiling, intimidating sort of way. I usually respond with an inquisitive look as if to say why are you giving me that look.

1 comment:

  1. Hope Margot is not intending to experiment with much of those market offerings (besides the vegetables) while we are there!!!

    ReplyDelete